Connect with us
Ad

News

TikTok Bans Influencer For Spreading False News About Osinbajo’s Daughter

Published

on

A Liberian TikTok content creator identified as @Realcharley22, has been banned by the social media platform for spreading fake news about a daughter of the vice president of Nigeria, Kiki Osinbajo.

 

The TikTok influencer had posted earlier in the week that Kiki was arrested in the United Kingdom because she was in possession of large amount of money in dollars.

 

Although the user, who posted photos and videos to support the claim, had since come out to refute the news after Nigerian blogger, Tunde Ednut, posted that it was untrue.

 

Consequently Nigerians in their numbers rushed to report the page for deceiving the public and checks on the page on Saturday revealed that the account was no longer on TikTok.

@Realcharley22 barely 24 hours after sharing the false video, shared another video apologising to Kiki and Nigerians for the post saying his source confused the lady in the video for Kiki.

 

He said, “I want to apologise to Kiki Osinbajo because she never got arrested. The story is not true and my source deceived me and took someone else as Kiki.

“I want to make a disclaimer on the video I posted earlier, I am so sorry, my followers and Kiki Osinbajo, she never got arrested.

“Popular Nigerian blogger, Tunde Ednut just confirmed on Instagram that it is false, Kiki never got arrested. He asked me to take down the story and it is confirmed that the story is false.”

 

Kiki reportedly flew into Abuja with her father on Tuesday after the VP’s trip to Lagos, where he spoke at the UN World Tourism Organisation global conference.

 

Continue Reading
Advertisement Ad
Click to comment
0 0 votes
Article Rating

Leave a Reply

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

News

Court Orders INEC To Resume Voter Registration

Published

on

By

Justice Inyang Ekwo of the Federal High Court, Abuja, has ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to immediately resume Continuous Voters Registration (CVR) until 90 days before the 2023 general elections.

Delivering Judgement, Justice Ekwo also directed INEC to ensure that eligible Nigerians are not deprived the opportunity to have the voters’ cards for the forthcoming poll.

He held that it was the constitutional responsibility of the electoral umpire to make adequate provision for the exercise in accordance with the Nigerian laws.

One Anajat Salmat and three others had sued INEC arguing that the electoral body cannot stop the voter registration contrary to the stipulated provisions of the constitution.

They urged the court to order the electoral umpire to resume the exercise in accordance with the law of the country.

 

INEC had in July suspended the CVR after a one-month extension following the Federal High Court’s dismissal of a suit filed by the Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP) which sought an extension of the exercise beyond June 30, 2022.

Continue Reading

News

Nine Drown As Bus Plunges Into Dam In Kano

Published

on

By

Nine persons lost their lives on Saturday when a Golf Wagon bus plunged into a dam along Dayi road in the Gwarzo Local Government Area of Kano State.

 

It was gathered that the victims alongside four others in the vehicle were heading from Kano to Katsina State when the driver of the vehicle lost control and plunged into the dam.

 

The Public Relations Officer, Kano State Fire Service, Saminu Abdullahi, who confirmed the incident, said an eyewitness, Ali Faci, notified the agency to the incident around 6.45pm.

 

He added that out of the 12 victims brought out of the dam, nine were confirmed dead by doctors at the Gwarzo General Hospital.

 

Abdullahi said, “On Saturday, November 19, 2022, Faci reported an incident at Fada dam, Gwarzo Local Government Area, Dayi road, firemen mobilised from Gwarzo Fire Station and arrived at the scene around 7.10pm.

“They discovered that an unregistered Golf Wagon car from Kano, heading to Katsina, plunged into Fada dam. 12 unidentified persons were rescued on the spot.

 

“The victims involved in the accident comprised two girls of about six-month-old, four women of about 30, 28, 27 and 25 years old, as well as six men of about 48, 45, 42, 40, 35 and 28 years old.

“With the assistance of local fishermen, the firemen successfully rescued three persons alive, while nine other victims, who were unconscious, were conveyed to the Gwarzo General Hospital for medical attention but doctors confirmed them dead.”

 

Abdullahi, who said an eyewitness, confirmed that one of the victims was still in the dam, promised that the search for the missing victim would continue.

Continue Reading

News

Police Foil Attack Attempt On Ekiti Assembly Complex

Published

on

By

Attempt by some hoodlums to attack and burn Ekiti State House of Assembly complex, was on Friday repelled by the operatives of the Rapid Response Squad(RRS) of the Ekiti State Police Command.

 

Our correspondent gathered that the hoodlums allegedly scaled the fence and made spirited efforts to spray a section of the complex with petrol and set it ablaze.

 

The Assembly had been in crisis since on Tuesday, after the election of the lawmaker representing Ikole constituency 1, Hon. Gboyega Aribisogan, as the new Speaker, to replace the late Funminiyi Afuye, who died on October 19,2022.

In the poll conducted during a plenary of the assembly, Aribisogan got a total of 15 votes to defeat the lawmaker representing Emure constituency, Hon Olubunmi Adelugba, who scored 10 in the election.

 

Some of the lawmakers and powerful leaders of the ruling All Progressives Congress in the state were said to be favourably disposed to Adelugba as the Speaker.

The Police Commissioner, Mr. Moronkeji Adesina, had deployed his men to shut down the assembly to maintain law and order as well as ensuring safety and security of lives and property.

The staff of the assembly were also chased out in the process to prevent being caught in the web of looming factional crisis.

 

The command’s Public Relations Officer, Sunday Abutu, a Deputy Superintendent of Police who confirmed the attempted attack revealed that the hoodlums, numbering 10, carrying two 25 litre kegs of petroleum allegedly invaded the assembly around 4am and made efforts to set it ablaze.

Abutu said officers of RRS , who were on ground and strategically positioned in the location, repelled and gave the hoodlums a hot chase into the nearby bush.

 

According to him, “I can confirm to you that these hoodlums carrying two kegs filled with petrol and also armed with cutlasses and other weapons came to burn down the assembly in the wee hours of today (Friday).

Continue Reading

Copyright © 2022 Lodega.

0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x